Tired of fried fish? My good friend Nate Berg from Babe Winkelman Productions shared this simple but outstanding recipe for grilled northern pike with me that has been a huge hit in my house. This is a great way to make good use of those pike in the mid 20″ range that we periodically run into throughout the season. Thanks to Nate for a great recipe. Enjoy!
- Cut boneless pike fillets into 4″ chunks.
- Make a tin foil boat large enough to hold your fillets. If using more than one fillet, 2 boats may be necessary.
- Coat the bottom of the boat with non-stick spray.
- Spread fillets in boat.
- place a small pad of butter on top of each fillet.
- Season fillets to taste. I have been using a combination of sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper/cajun seasoning.
- Heat grill to 425 degrees.
- Place foil boat in grill, close grill and cook for 10 minutes or until fish flakes.
- Grilled broccoli and brown rice make perfect side dishes to complete the meal.